Wednesday, November 12, 2008

JUDITH ANN MORIARTY.


I had a painting instructor tell me not to be afraid to fail. He said that if you are going to make mistakes, make big ones; make them go down in flames. I did. I had a writing instructor who told me the key to writing a convincing argument was to state your ideas clearly she said.






An art critique, just like a plumbing estimate, needs to satisfy a certain amount of criteria before it's ready/understood. Foremost, it's important for the person who is reviewing/estimating to show the how’s and why’s--the bare bones of their argument/bill. It's difficult for words to carry the weight of what one sees, however there are but a few local art critics in Milwaukee who do this well. Here is but one example of a local writer who offers some insight as to her role as an art critic/and advocate.





.

No comments: